We’re proud of the way we’ve helped vulnerable communities in the coronavirus pandemic. Even though we’re a small charity, we’ve fed thousands of hungry people in ten countries on four continents, and provided vital hygiene tools for thousands more.
Our success is rooted in our grassroots model of working: All our work, all year round, is delivered by local activists, who live in the communities they are serving.
Here are five reasons why grassroots charities are good in a crisis:
- 1) There’s no need to fly in a consultant or set up a network to get aid where it’s needed. Our network is already established
- 2) Our response is based on local knowledge, local connectivity and is culturally appropriate. Our grassroots partners know what the community needs and who needs it most – they live there.
- 3) There are no ‘middle men’ – funds go directly to the teams carrying out the work on the ground.
- 4) High levels of accountability: There is much less risk of aid going astray, as we are working through trusted partnerships. Community visibility and connection over the long term holds people accountable.
- 5) Add all this together, and it means our response in a crisis is FAST and EFFECTIVE
It’s OK if you prefer a megabucks operation. They get stuff done too! But if you’ve got a taste for grassroots, community-led development, where change happens from the bottom up, then we’re the right fit for you.
Just complete the form at the foot of this page and you’ll find out more about what we get up to. Check us out properly, why not?